It Started With a Seed
In this third revision of The Seed of a Nation, Darrell and Lorrie capture the essence of the seed William Penn believed could change the trajectory of civilization.
It was his example of love, respect, and inclusion that summed up his Holy Experiment.
An experiment that was, and still is, contingent on the variables human beings bring to the equation.
Mr. & Mrs. Fields
Lorrie and Darrell Fields are the founders of The Seed of a Nation, Inc.
The Fields have a passion to tell the story of William Penn and the relationship he had with Native Americans. It carried the DNA of the seed he hoped would grow.
Who Was Penn?
WILLIAM PENN was a 17th century English social reformer and America’s first champion of liberty. His governing principles departed from those of historical and contemporary empires. Had the world been ready to build on his example of love and respect, many of the abuses of modern society could have been checked. Most people know he was the Quaker founder of Pennsylvania. What they may not know is:
- He spent his life exposing and fighting Weinstein-type bullies in both church and state.
- His was the only colonial power in history to ever cohabitate with Native Americans without the use of force, forts, or garrisons.
- He established habeas corpus for all future generations.
- Native Americans called Penn “the white truth teller.”
- He championed separation of church and state, saying, “We must give the liberties we ask.”
- The Liberty Bell was commissioned to honor Penn’s Charter of Privileges, Pennsylvania’s Constitution.
- Thomas Jefferson hailed Penn as, “the greatest lawgiver the world has produced.”
BLOG AND REFLECTIONS
Seed of a Nation Gala and Fundraiser
Saturday, September 29
Eat, Drink, Celebrate
Step back in time with us for one evening to enjoy the 17th century meal using Guliema Penn's authentic recipes while listening to 17th century music! Learn about our tv and film projects and hear the newest insights from the Darrell and Lorrie Fields and their entertainment attorney, film finance expert, and producer.
Partner with us
Find out how to participate in the next phase of The Seed of a Nation.
Learn whats new and relevant for the 21st Century from Darrel Fields, Lorrie Fields and special guests.
The Marriott at Penn Square
25 S. Queen Street,
September 29, 2018
It'd be great if you emailed or telephoned early to let us know you're considering attending at: